Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Unwrapping Christmas

It is beginning to look wonderfully festive

around our home! Our family has had so

much fun decorating! I inherited from my

dad and grandmother a desire to use natural,

simple but elegant, 'finds' from the outdoors,

the woods, from creation.







The beautiful grapevine trees, Santa Clauses, and little houses that adorn our home are all hand-crafted by my sweet dad.






Our daugther certainly has a creative knack
for decorating and strategically
placing things in just the right spot!


I love the red with silver and
the beautiful and natural
greenery ties it all together.



The chandelier has been ornamented
with various finds around the house.

The mixes of white, gold and silver add such a nice variety....whimsical and fun.

Our sons spruced up the forgotten window boxes with beautiful,

natural greenery from our yard.












And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. Luke 2:10-12
Merry Christmas!



6 comments:

  1. Your kids are such good helpers! They did a great job. Your home looks lovely!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks amazing. I love the ornaments hanging from your chandelier, your window boxes and your mantle looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing and have a Merry Chrismtas!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your decorations...the colors are great. The window box greenery was a fantastic idea and it looks really good. I love the words painted on the wall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have come to visit via Kimba's blog. Your decorations are lovely.
    I hope you'll visit soon. I am having a giveaway on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decorations!! The window box is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I finally had a chance to check out some of my favorite blogs this morning (yours!) and wanted to let you know your house looks beautifully decorated. I too love the natural look with grapevine, magnolia leaves, etc. I also LOVE your fireplace surround!

    Merry Christmas!

    Gail Kramer

    P.S. Thank you so much for adding me to your blog list!

    ReplyDelete