Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's The Little Things

It's the 'little things' that make a difference. On this Christmas Eve, I am reminded of the little things that are blessings in my life and many that I take for granted...
~when my husband makes my coffee the night before
~having my sister visit each year before Christmas
~the way my daughter lovingly fluffs and decorates our nest
~when my sons take out the trash without being told
~having my cats curl in my lap while I am reading a book
~forgiveness and grace
~a friend calling to meet for coffee
~having parents that love the Lord and their family
~getting a spontaneous hug from a teenage son
~running into old friends you haven't seen in forever and picking up right where you left off
when my husband calls to see if there is anything I need
~forgiveness and grace
having real friends who drop by unannounced
~seeing the sun rise and knowing God is still in control
~watching the Lord unveil His plans for our children's future
a goldfinch feasting at my feeder after 3 years of asking the Lord to send them
when my children ask, "Mom, what can I do to help you?"
~forgiveness and grace
~Christmas cards arriving from longtime friends
~that our teenagers actually enjoy hanging out with family
when my husband calls to go on a date
when someone says 'thank you'
~knowing I am walking in God's plan even when the evil one throws bumps in the road
forgiveness and grace
~a holy night when the Saviour of the world came in flesh to redeem my sins
~and yours.
~and the faith to believe it.
Merry CHRISTmas.

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog. makes me think i should update my own, which has gone long neglected of late. miss seeing you !!

    melinda

    ReplyDelete