Friday, January 30, 2009

The Rising of the Sun and The Risen Son




The Risen Son

The Lord's creation continues to amaze and awaken me. The way He speaks to His people through creation generation after generation gloriously unfolds His love for us. So many times our busyness steals away His beauty and gifts he wants to display in our lives.



The children and I spent a few days at my parents home this week. On one of the mornings, my dad and I sat and visited as the beautiful sunlight streamed through the
large glass windows. The sun's warmth and it's cascading light settled in and captivated us. My dad said how much he loves the sunlight..how it refreshes and revives him and makes him come alive. He is so right. This beautiful light the Lord created on the first day of creation when he proclaimed in Genesis 1:3, "Let there be light."



The sun gives us so much...so frequently. For me, each new day greeted by the beautiful sunrise reminds me that God is still in control. And yes. He does care about each and every need, care, pain, and uncertainity I will face that day. Just as He cares about yours. He is a big God.

Then it hit me. Just as the Lord gives us a beautiful rising sun each day, more importantly He gave each of us an ultimate gift of His risen Son. Jesus. The name above every name. It saddens me that the world can't see the risen son as they see the risen sun. Not yet. A heaviness loomed in my spirit as the Lord began putting names and faces of people I knew who haven't come to know God's Son. However, I pray their veiled faces will be illuminated soon.

A time will come when everyone will turn their eyes on God's risen Son. It's a promise from the Lord.

May I continue to slow down and gaze upon the beauty of His holiness. The beauty of His creation. The sunlight of the morning and the sonlight of a Saviour. He is truly the light of the world.

Photo Credits: Hayley Wilkinson, my 16 year old daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment